In case you’ve missed it, Sidekicks! is here. Now comes the hard part: asking for your help. Because you, dear reader, are the key to the book’s success. You are the difference between 20 talented authors, one hardworking editor, and the most honest publisher in the business getting royalty checks, publicity, and further success…or not getting those things, and seeing all our hard work go for naught.
Here’s what you can do to help. Even if you only do one of these things, it could make a huge difference to the success of the anthology. Many are so simple they will take you only moments.
- Buy a copy of the anthology. Buying it from Alliteration Ink directly pays everyone involved the most royalties, but it’s also available from Amazon and other retailers.
- Write an honest review on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, or your blog.
- Attend events for the book, and bring your friends. So far there are events planned in Columbus, Ohio; Madison, Wisconsin; and Dayton, Ohio.
- Promote the book and events on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, wherever you’re the most active.
- Recommend Sidekicks! to your friends if you think they’ll like it. Loan (or give) them your copy and encourage them to write a review online.
- Request that your library carry the book. They might actually order a few copies if they receive enough requests.
- If you really enjoy the book, please nominate it next year for the 2013 ballots of any and all fiction awards you can find. Even if we don’t win, a nomination would be a HUGE amount of free publicity!
- Check out the other work of the authors involved. Follow them on Twitter, Goodreads, or Facebook, and let them know you liked their story. It’s great to be a fan in the 21st century!
If you do two (or more) items from this list, and you’d like a personalized, handwritten thank-you note from me, the editor, just send your contact info (and the details of what you did to promote/support the book) to me at sarah.hans at gmail dot com.* Because it means that much to me. Because you are that important.
Thank you for all you do!